A cold is primarily the result of hypothermia. By starting to fight the first signs of a cold at the initial stage, you can prevent the development of more serious diseases and inflammatory processes in the body. Some people are helped by this remedy: https://pillintrip.com/medicine/avirex.
How to recognize a cold
The first symptoms of a cold can accompany other more serious illnesses. Therefore, the first thing to do is to make sure that the signs of the manifestation of the disease are really related to the cold.
Of course, the symptoms of a beginning cold depend on which organ is inflamed. For example, a hoarse voice is characteristic of laryngitis, a stuffy nose and its dryness – for rhinitis, friction and pain in the throat – for pharyngitis.
But there are also signs characteristic of the occurrence of any kind of cold. Often these symptoms appear even before there is obvious inflammation of one or another organ.
Common signs of the onset of a cold:
– Chills, chills in the hands and feet;
– Possible fever;
– Weakness and achiness in the body;
– Decreased activity;
– Possible headaches.
Timely recognition of these first signs of a cold, you can not put off treatment for a long time: you will not treat – the condition will worsen and may even lead to complications. And if you apply a timely and comprehensive blow to the beginning of the disease, in a day you will feel healthy again.
The first actions in case of a cold:
What to do after discovering the first signs of ailments in order to stop the spread of the disease and improve the overall condition of the body?
1. get plenty of rest. In no case you should not bear the cold “on your feet” – the body needs additional strength to fight the infection, so it is better to observe complete rest (at least the first two days).
Take your temperature. An increase in temperature – a signal that the body “recognized” the infection and began to fight it. If the temperature does not exceed 38 degrees, you do not need to bring it down – so the body will cope with infection more easily. It is also not recommended to take instant “teasers” against fever – their effect is not long lasting, but they provoke the formation of kidney stones.
3) Avoid hypothermia. During a cold, under no circumstances should he freeze – especially the feet need warmth. It is necessary to take a warm bath (if there is no fever and if the heart allows) or just soak your feet with hot water. You can add to the water an herbal infusion of chamomile, birch leaf or St. John’s wort – they help to reduce inflammation and soothe the body. After the bath you should wipe yourself dry with a warm towel and immediately go to bed, making sure you have several sets of clothes (to change clothes when you sweat).
4. Drink more. At the first signs of a cold you should try as much as possible to drink fluids, even if you have to do it by force. It is better to drink drinks containing vitamin C: tea with lemon, black currant, raspberry, rosehip decoction. And in between warm decoctions it is recommended to drink alkaline mineral water (viruses are very afraid of alkali): Svaliava, Borjomi, Narzan etc.
5. Change of diet. At the first signs of cold it is necessary to “listen” to your body and eat only what you want (the body itself will prompt you what it lacks). It is desirable to refuse heavy carbohydrate, fried and fatty foods, and give preference to fresh fruits and vegetables.
After you have created the best conditions for your body to fight the first signs of a cold, it is necessary to proceed to the elimination of these very unpleasant symptoms, that is to start treatment.